Jon: Hello, again! Guess what? This week we’ve got some more things to show you:
Night skies are now filled with stars.
NPCs Opening Doors
NPCs have gained the ability to open doors! This makes things a little more interesting while being pursued, especially in town.
- NPCs will open a door that’s closed, if they can.
- If the door is locked and the lock is on their side, they’ll simply unlock it. If they’re locked out, they’ll attempt to smash it with their bare-hands! Definitely, WIP.
There are still a few issues that pop up from time-to-time. Such as doors that open towards them. These can push the NPCs aside and cause them to get stuck temporarily. Nonetheless, it’s still an improvement from before!
Andrew has been working on improving some textures. Above, is some of them.
I’m currently working on updating the player setup scene. The goal is to allow players to create new characters right in there, instead of having to do it from the title screen.
Andrew is working on making the exterior of the Arena. This will lead to scene transitions that seem more connected than before. You’ll be able to leave the Arena from where you came in, not having to hunt for inconveniently placed warp pads.
Until next time.
Jon: Hi, there! Here’s the week’s progress:
Comes in a variety of tints, not shown here.
Misc. Improvements & Bug Fixes
- Being detected while pickpocketing an NPC will cause them to get hostile. The inventory menu will also immediately close as well.
- Items will no longer transfer if the pickpocket was unsuccessful.
- Started experimenting with magic chants for magic in the Spelling school.
- Added a projectile healing spell.
- Menu navigation in the Book screen should no longer highlight the inventory buttons that reside behind.
- Got a popup, “How Many?” menu functioning (still WIP) when dropping items. Still need to get it set up for bartering/placing/taking items out of containers.
- Started new NPC, Tavernkeeper.
- New wood texture.
Is that cherry?
- Made the dialog response/loading screen title text style easier to read (Increased contrast between outline and font).
- Added an ’empty’ item action for crossbow, so the loaded bolt can be removed after.
- Continued assigning entity common names: Items are complete, I think.
Have a good weekend.
Andrew: Greetings! We were helping build a garage as well as building The Arcane Relics this week. Here’s the progress seen in Terradim:
New Helm: Hounskull Bascinet
You dirty dog, you. 😉
The helmet opens and closes similarly to the Close Helm. It is still WIP.
Misc Improvements & Bug Fixes
- Improved animation scaling with movement speeds, most noticeable while crouching.
- Head-look has been improved, possibly fixing the bug where characters would oddly look to the side at no apparent target.
- Added ‘xp popups’ to console commands, to help us test/balance XP gained.
- Pause inventory offset has returned:
- Sky horizon, fog, & cloud gradients have been tweaked.
That’s all for this week. Have a happy 4th of July!