Jon: Hey, hey! Among bug hunting and ripping old unstable systems a new one, we have accomplished some new things!
Here’s what we’ve accomplished for the past 2 weeks of development:
After much feedback we’ve finally started addressing some movement speed issues. Here’s some changes that we’ve made:
- The default movement speed is now a bit quicker, and the increase in speed while sprinting is greater than before.
- Item Burden has less effect, using an exponential curve vs. a linear, upon your movement speed.
- Sprinting with Stamina, ignores a certain % of Item Burden. Once stamina is depleted, Item Burden will take a greater effect.
Trades Skill Group
Added another skill group, Trades. Currently, it contains the skills pertaining to Alchemy, Repairing, and Reviving others.
Since repairing is now tied to a skill, lower skills values can now result in failed attempts, causing damage to the targeted item.
I have not worked on the alchemy skill influence yet, as alchemy, itself, is temporarily broken.
A new mechanic has been added, the block push.
It is very much a WIP, but is functional and we’re still trying to decide if we want to keep the ‘move into it’ approach, or use an ‘interact to enter push mode’ approach.
The crossbow now requires a reload between shots, making it a bit more reasonable for how powerful it is.
An audible animation pulling the rope back is in, but I still need to setup the movement restriction during the process. The animation is very much WIP as well.
Another magic catalyst besides the Wizard’s Staff. This will have more uses later.
Misc. Improvements & Bug Fixes
- Experience Points (XP) in the status menu now displays the total XP you’ve acquired out of the amount you need to reach, in order to level up. Previously, the XP would reset back to zero, every level up, and the latter number would just display the amount needed.
- Reviving a combatant in an arena match will now place that combatant back into the match, preventing the other team from winning. In other words, all members of the opposing team must be incapacitated in order for your team to win, instead of defeating each of them once.
- Dummy skills in a skill grid can no longer be highlighted through menu navigation.
- Fixed incorrect raycast on scene transitions/starts that would cause players to start in the ground, about waist high.
- Dropped default look sensitivities.
- Started creating LODs for buildings and optimizing them to improve Town scene performance.
- Continued assigning names to entities.
Remember that secret I mentioned weeks ago? This just might have a connection with it. 😀