Jon: Hello! This past week we’ve decided to work, despite saying that we were going to take a break… Maybe we’ll take a break once we get our hands on a Switch. 😀
Anyway, the majority of the work I’ve been doing is cleaning up old code, & uprooting hacks that I had to put in place to make the demo deadline. Here’s some notable changes:
- Ragdoll recovery transitions are now smoother. There used to be some really awkward transitions when getting up. Sometimes the character would flip upside down along with a noticeable camera pop.
- The 180º flip as you are getting up, has possibly been fixed. It occurs a lot less frequently, if at all, anyway.
- Ragdoll getup interruptions work better. Previously, if you knocked someone down as they were getting up (transitioning from ragdoll-state to normal) they would sometimes get stuck standing, even if they were incapacitated.
- Previously, if you were thrown up a hill, you’d many times be sucked down underground. Turns out I was casting the ray from the original character height, not the ragdoll’s height.
Misc Improvements & Bug Fixes
- Fixed incorrect scaling of the credits panel. It was only noticeable in certain resolutions.
- Newly generated guest characters can now be female. Gender is selected randomly.
- Generated appearance of a guest character now saves, unlike before.
We have also started working on some new interesting things that we are going to keep a secret for now. 😀