Jon: Hello, everyone! Lots of stuff this past week:
Over the past few months I’ve been working here and there on the revised horseback controls and finally they are at a point we can call sufficient for the 1st public demo.
- Pressing ‘forward’ causes the horse to accelerate. The horse will maintain its current speed even when ‘forward’ is released, ‘back’ slows the horse down.
- ‘left/right’ steers the horse, which is more effective at slower speeds.
- Holding ‘back’ while stationary will make the horse step backwards.
- If you attack, you will attack on the side your camera is facing relative to the horse.
Traps & Locks
Treasure chests throughout Terradim can now be locked and/or trapped!
Previously, I had setup a simple trap in the Playground scene, but have now come up with a better solution for randomizing traps/locks everywhere.
Per-Player Camera SunLight
In the Grand Arena, players that are in one of the indoor sections have the sunlight culled from their view. This has caused a couple of issues for a while, but I have finally found the solution!
I found that deactivating the sun (deactivating the sun’s GameObject) per camera was causing the sun to unassign itself from the lighting settings, so I tried disabling the Light component. When disabling the sunlight per camera, the normal light would work, but reflected light would not be correct.
The solution – for each player camera, use OnPreCull to disable the sun, sun default state must be enabled, and use OnPostRender to turn it back on. The sun seems to cull and have reflected light correctly on each player’s camera.
Misc Improvements & Bug Fixes
- Setup belt equip BlendShapes for all tunics. (They fit under the belt now.)
- Homestead paths now have some curviness to them, looking a bit more natural.
- Dirt patches have appeared in the Homestead. What could this entail?
- Doors can now be locked or unlocked by interacting with their locks.
- Crossbow improvements:
- Crossbow firing sound now in.
- Bolts use a more reliable hit detection system now. The bolts fly more predictably and face forward, unlike before, when fired.
- Dialog will now exit if the player or the chat target ragdolls, is forced too far away, or is incapacitated.
- Fixed issue with incorrect head mounting angles, especially for horses. Mount angle was always the same for people and horses.
- Setup a different cursor icon when targeting doors.