Andrew: How’s everybody doing? The 1st post of 2017 – here are some of the things we’ve worked on during these past 2 weeks of development:
New Herbs & Ingredients
Destroying pumpkins or sunflowers, will drop their corresponding seeds.
With these items, all ingredients are now completed for the public demo.
- NPC detection is back in (which hasn’t been in since the start of the GOAP system). Also – the farther you are away, the easier you can remain unnoticed.
- Wandering is also back in, NPCs now wander around, rather than just standing idle, as before, but using the new system.
- NPCs now move up & down in water when swimming again.
- NPCs will now only select potions with negative effects (e.g. poisons) as valid weapons. They no longer heal you by throwing health potions – unintentionally generous.
Misc Improvements & Bug Fixes
- UI inventory spotlight & reflection probe: you can now see your inventory items when in the dark and/or at nighttime.
- Cutlery utensils (fork, spoon, & knife) are new equip-able items.
- Fixed female chainmail shirt from not applying any armor.
- Merchant Chicken now uses dialog options too!
- Fixed a crash that could occur when destroying a weapon rack after a weapon was removed/taken (having an empty slot).
- More optimization of items: adding more LOD.
Jon has also been working on getting the block multipliers working properly, since we recently found out that they don’t…
Let’s have a good week, everyone!