Andrew: Hello! Here’s what we’ve been up to this week-
New Building: General Shoppe
This is the 1st iteration of the General Shoppe in Town. The shelves were also created this week. And the Merchant Chicken (placeholder), who runs the shop. 🙂
The Starts Of Bartering
The bartering system has begun and has reached a functional point. It’s still a WIP as there are a few bugs and there’s a lot that can be done to improve feedback to the player. Here’s what we have now:
- You can select items you’d like to offer for trade in your own inventory and select items you would like to acquire in the merchant’s inventory. A Selected item will display a ‘B’ in the upper right corner of its slot, designating ‘barter.’
- We’ve setup preliminary item values for shopping. Highlighting an item will display its value.
- A transaction display at the bottom shows how much gold you will have to pay/will receive to compensate for the imbalance of the selected item’s values.
- Merchants will emit a vocalization at the start of bartering.
- A successful transaction will increase your character’s Persuasion skill.
Arena Bulletin Feedback
The arena matchmaking bulletin has been revamped, providing a bit more feedback for team setup. There’re now icons displayed for the amount of AI combatants (skulls) and players (crowns) on each team. The icons are placeholder at this point.
Misc Improvements & Bug Fixes
- You can now proceed from the Player Setup Screen with gaps in between player slots (e.g. playing as player one & three).
- Fixed ledge going through side of Blacksmith building.
- In the Gamepad Change Popup HUD, the controller icons now line up with player IDs (e.g. if player 4 syncs with a controller, the last icon will light up).
Have a good one!