Jon: Hey, hey, hey!
This past week we did manage to get some things done despite losing a few days due to a cold… Here’s what we’ve accomplished-
Pitchfork & Hay
The pitchfork is an equippable weapon, later to be used as a tool (once it’s coded).
Beginnings of Traps
The basic trap systems have been started! Certain containers can now be trapped. When opening a trapped container, the trap will be triggered with an audible click sound as warning. Currently, the only trap is the bomb trap, which throws a bomb out at you. There will be others in the future.
Misc Improvements & Bug Fixes
- Horses now have 2 seats! That’s convenient.
- Player setup screen now displays the name of the input device tied to your user, e.g. Playstation 3 Controller
- Tree climbing improvements: trees no longer have to be rotated facing directly upward, they can be rotated and the character will match the angle. Climbable trees still must be pretty straight, though.
- Fixed a sneaky bug that would cause level load to fail from the player setup scene. Adding a player, removing that player, then adding one back and beginning the play session, would produce this error.
- Fixed bug in the new player setup scene where player’s selection cursors would not initially tint correctly and would appear for players that hadn’t joined/didn’t exist yet.