Andrew: Greetings! In contemplating some additional ways to get at those hornets’ nests, we’ve implemented a new feature this week. So let’s get to it-
You can now climb trees to your delight. It’s quite funny seeing a knight in full armor climb a tree.
Some notables of tree climbing:
- To climb, simply jump into a thinner tree (maple/cone) while facing towards it.
- While mounted on a tree, your Stamina will recharge at half the speed, if still, and will be consumed when shimmying – even if you’re not holding the sprint button.
- You can also walk & jump around on the branches.
- In the future, we plan to add some sort of Dexterity prerequisite for climbing trees.
Misc Improvements & Bug Fixes
- Reworked projectile positioning, so now you can throw objects out of a tree. Previously, the projectile would immediately hit the tree, since it would spawn just in front of where your character was facing.
- There’s now feedback for failed spell-casting, purple smoke emits along with a sound.
- Musical accent for acquiring new abilities!
- Town improvements: more battlements, another square tower, and rock formations.
- Town optimizations, running a bit better – now using Unity’s occlusion areas.
- Animator optimizations: now using hash IDs instead of strings for referencing animator parameters.
- Hot coal & water footstep effects – little flames from stepping on hot coal/burning surfaces or splashes emitting from your feet in shallow water.
- You no longer swim as fast as you normally move around.
- Fixed: rabbits should no longer make chicken sounds.
And we leave you with some screenshots from this week
That’s all for this Saturday. Have a good week everyone!