Andrew: This week, we’ve been mostly working on finishing up this version – which involves a lot of minor tweaks, testing, and bug-fixing. Nevertheless, here’s the progress:
Pickaxe & Shoes
- Pickaxe: We’ve made a new item that can be used for things like mining, in the future, or as a weapon.
- The shoes have finally been textured. Before they were more a solid brown color with AO. They now have light soles!
Bugfixes & Misc Improvements
- Splat decals now fade away.
- Fixed triangle of pants going through armor on legs.
- Armor & weapon damage/armor values now tint and update based on condition in menu display.
- Consumable effects now display similarly to weapon/armor values, with icons!
- Town gate now plays chunky metal sound when opening/closing.
- Possibly fixed projectile weapons from hitting the shooter/thrower (in testing, we haven’t had this occur again… so far).
- Sparkles emit around a player when they level up.
- Doors within Water Cave now open slower to match their opening sound.
- Updated armor values, adding fire resistances & weaknesses.
- You are no longer able to wear both colors in an arena match and still be included on a team (unlike before, where it would get the team of the last color equipment equipped). Also, it no longer removes you from all teams when un-equipping a colored equipment – while still wearing another color.
- Went through and tweaked day/night cycle lighting and ambience/fog.
- Bats & hornets no longer attack targets that are underwater.
- NPCs will now attack those vicious Blood Bats.
- All extremities color bloody, black & blue when injured.
- Added emissive incandescence to pickaxe & short spear weapons.
And, a screenshot!
To all fellow Americans, have a happy Independence Day! And to everyone else, have a happy Independence Day too! 🙂