Along with preparing our roadmap for our Steam Early Access release, I’ve started working on some additional item functionality, among other things.
- Repair Hammer: Allows you to repair the damaged condition of your weapons and armor. Finally!
- Mortar & Pestle: Perform basic Alchemy! Allows you to combine ingredients into a mixture. Currently, an item’s effects (ex. healing) will just be merged, WIP.
At the moment, we have quite a few design decisions that still need to be made for alchemy, but here’s some of what we’ve decided on so far:
All effects that can be made from alchemy are based upon the 4 elements. The goal is to allow alchemists the ability to break down items into elements. Advanced alchemists will then be able to essentially transmute or rebuild items using the broken down elements as building blocks.
We will reveal more as we progress.
Andrew has continued working on The Town. Primarily, working on layout design and making adjustments to ensure everyone has a place to stay. 🙂 Also, the entrance to a future forest has appeared! (This is just down the river from the town.)
- Implemented a speed multiplier for balancing weapon attack speeds. Sped up the Battle Axe and slowed the Boar Spear.
- Setup location placement for warping between scenes. When warping between scenes (loading screens) you will now start next to the warp corresponding to the scene you came from, instead of always starting at the origin.
- Sparkles for displaying an active positive effect on a character, like healing, now tints based on the type of effect. They’re not always red.
- Tweaked hit spark particle, much more noticeable now.
- Candlesticks can now be equipped like torches.
- Wall hooks are now operable. When interacting with one, you will hang your equipped lantern upon it, much like a Torch mount for torches.
- Fixed bug where looting corpses would sometimes fail… Distance check for corpse looting is now done based on the root bone, not the actual character transform.
- Items that are idle/hidden (ex. shield on back while using a 2-handed weapon) will no longer drop from arm cripples.
Once we’ve finalized our roadmap for release, we plan to put it up on display on this site somewhere. Stay tuned.