Andrew: For this week-
• We’re starting a new area, The Town! This is the first building of the area. The building includes: a trapdoor, fireplace, and a garderobe.
• Improvements to the User Selection Menu: displaying gender, hair, and dominant-hand (left/right). Still very much a WIP, but better. 🙂
• Clouds now change color and value with time of day. Previously, clouds would mysteriously glow bright at night, even without moonlight.
• Horse now rotates towards the surface normal it is standing on. This makes a much more realistic feel when traveling on hills, but this system still needs work. Some type of clamping will need to be implemented as very steep slopes cause some funny rotations.
• In-game UI tweaks:
-Quickslot display now retains its aspect ratio in split screen play, unlike the screenshot above.
-Added hand icons displaying which hand quick slots correspond to (at least if you’re righty)
-Changed in-game message formats, tinting words of importance
• Rain! Rain now randomly occurs during play. It still needs a bit of work, occurs way too frequently, but is functional. And it works for all 4 players, by utilizing Unity’s GL API.
• Misc bug fixes & improvements
-Fixed animation bug when sitting in a chair while crouching.
-Setup a minimum delay before next sound for danger triggers (eg. fire) so the burn/steam sounds aren’t so overpowering.
-Darkened background of added effect meters to beef up the contrast. Makes visible time left much easier to see.