Andrew: Greetings and good tidings! This week we’ve wrapped up testing and thus, our first public demo is here!
First, the trailer for the demo
DOWNLOAD THE DEMO
You can download the demo here on indieDB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/the-arcane-relics/downloads.
Or, here on itch: niemi-bros.itch.io/the-arcane-relics. On itch, you are given the option to support us, by paying whatever amount you please. We also started a discussion board on itch, where you can easily provide us with feedback. We appreciate any contributions.
We didn’t get all the issues/bugs fixed that we wanted to, but, for the most part, we got the critical ones.
Now, with this release, we’re going to take a short break from daily development, a sort of limited vacation.
Enjoy the demo!
Jon: Hello, there. This past week I’ve been continuing to work away on the revised character creation. It’s getting there…
This will be a short one, but we do have some things we can mention!
Misc. Improvements/Bug Fixes
- Setup offhanded attacks with a weapon. Now you can actually use directional attacks with your offhand, similarly to when unarmed, instead of always using that little poke.
- Fixed an elusive bug where events in the game’s global event manager would not fire in the expected order. This could cause all sorts of issues.
- Tweaked normal maps for men.
Andrew has started working on the Cookshop and added some other goodies nearby. Here’s a preview:
After the reworked character creation is complete, the next big thing, for me, will be tackling settings. There are a number of changes and additions we want to make and the way the code is now, it’s not very flexible.
Have a good one.
Andrew: How’s everybody doing? This week of development:
New Helm: Sallet
This is the next helmet to make an appearance in Terradim. It also opens, as seen above, when your weapon is sheathed.
The next building is found in the Graveyard. It will be the home of the Gravekeeper.
Bug Fixes & Misc Improvements
- Added damage multipliers for crippled limbs & offhand attacks, so they apply less damage.
- Fixing certain damage multipliers not resetting after/between attacks. For example, if you hit someone’s head and then attacked a crate/barrel, you’d still apply the same damage multiplier, as if hitting its imaginary head.
- More armor texture tweaks & polish.
- Created a mirrored Cottage Door, replacing some of those awkward doors that open into one another. Also swapped out some for AI purposes, reducing NPCs from getting stuck, and giving them easier passage.
- Added some ambient bird sounds to certain scenes during the day. At night, they are replaced by crickets.
Jon continues working on the character customization.
Until next time.
Andrew: Greetings this weekend. We’re still working on the things from last week… Nevertheless, here’s some of our progress:
“Mirror, mirror on the wall…”
By interacting with the mirror on the wall, you can now customize your character appearance. This is WIP and not all of it works yet…
Once this is working, the next step will be setting this up in the Player/Party Setup scene, when creating new characters.
Arena Exterior Progress
The exterior of the Arena is WIP, started last week. Although you can travel between it and the Upper Town, not everything is complete nor are all the entrance rooms made.
That wraps up this post. Have a good weekend, everyone!